All it took was a trip through Costco, a run in with a sample cart and a taste of salted caramel and dark chocolate popcorn and my life was changed.
But friends, salted caramel AND dark chocolate AND popcorn? It just doesn’t get much better than that.
I came home with one goal. I simply had to recreate this bit of heaven in my kitchen.
Since salted caramel and dark chocolate popcorn requires few ingredients and has a low level of difficulty, it had my name all over it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 6 oz. Kraft caramel bits (You could also make your own caramel.)
- 1 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar (I used Ghiradelli Intense Dark 72%)
- waxed or parchment paper
And here’s what you’ll do:
- Prepare one bag of salted microwave popcorn (buttered would work fine as well).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper.
- Evenly divide popcorn between the two baking sheets and spread in a thin, even layer.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave at 20 percent power in one-minute increments until melted thoroughly.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn and allow to cool.
- Melt caramel bits in the microwave at 20 percent power in 30-second increments until melted.
- Drizzle melted caramel over popcorn and allow to cool completely.
- Break up into chunks.
Mail some to me, because mine’s already gone.Enjoy!